Price lists can be used to discount items in the system. The highest price charged for inventory should be the price indicated on the product card. For any other sale prices that are not promotions, price lists are appropriate.
In WinPOS you can set the ERPLY setting (settings button -> ERPLY settings tab) to ‘Only products in store 1 price list (With set prices) can be sold’. To use this option, and to use it in TouchPOS, please consult your ERPLY representative, as some additional setup is required. This feature is not available on free plans.
Prices for price lists can be imported to ERPLY in versions 2013 or later.
Multiple price lists can be created in ERPLY and implemented by:
- Customer Group (valued, senior citizen etc.),
- Individual customers
- Time periods (weekend sale, Black Friday price list etc.)
Creating a new Price list:
– Once open –NEW + to create a new price list:
– Fill necessary fields- You can add a start/end date to the Price List- * if price list is to never end leave the “end date” blank
**Be sure to check box that price list is Active**—SAVE
-Once saved- you will see new tabs appear
-Price lists can be created on Product, or Product group basis – choose the appropriate tab to begin creating the price list:
Definitions of each tab:
Discounts to product groups: this allows to give a % discount to entire product groups. NOT specific items- for more specific price list creation use “Products with special prices”
-More than 1 product group can be added to this price list
-You can only define discounts by % this way
Products with Special prices: This tab allows for most flexibility, discounts can be created on product specific basis, or by adding entire product groups.
-By adding by product, you can define pricing by product line (dollar amount or % discounted)
-Once all items are in with newly generated pricing- SAVE the list.
Your price list is now complete- next step is to associate this price list, this can be done 4 ways:
1) Specific Location
2) Specific Customer group (valued customers etc.)
3) Specific Customer
4) Specific time periods (weekend sale, Black Friday price list etc.)
1. Associating a price list to a specific Location
-Open up INVENTORY
-List of stores appears–select store to be associated with PRICE LIST created:
-From Price list 1 drop down- choose the appropriate price list to be associated–SAVE–price list is now set to be utilized:
2. Associating price list with Customer Group:
-Select CUSTOMER GROUPS from left scroll:
– Here you can create new CUSTOMER GROUPS using the NEW+ tab
-Once Created, you can associate a price list by “right clicking” the CUSTOMER GROUP—EDIT
-CUSTOMER GROUP card opens- select corresponding price list from the drop down —-SAVE
-Complete-customers associated with this Customer group will have this PRICE LIST applied.
3. Associate a Price list to a Specific Customer:
Pull up the customer card for the customer you’d like to assign a price list to:
Indicate which Price List(s) should be used with this customer by pulling them into the ‘Price list’ drop downs in the lower right hand corner. Save the card.
4. Associated Price List with Specific time period:
– All price lists may use active/end times, no matter how they are applied. If a price list is applied to a customer group, customer, or location, but it is outside of the time specified, it will not apply.
-For this type of Price list, you must 1st specify “end date” on the price list card:
-You can later associate this price list with a Location, Customer, or Customer group.
-* if the store has a specific price list in place – Choose this “time period” price list as options “price list 2” or “price list 3”
* POS will always choose price list that gives lowest price of a product.
ex.) Price list 1: tennis shoes = $100
Price list 2: tennis shoes = $80
POS will override Price list 1 and choose Price list 2 with lowest price of product: