Two new modules have been added:
- Day openings and closings
- POS cash-in and cash-out transactions
These new modules are located in Settings → POS:
It is possible to edit or delete records.
Both modules have separate access rights as well, and for existing customers, these are initially disabled.
If you do not see these modules, you may need to enable access from Settings → User Groups.
- Report of inventory transfers has been added (Reports > Inventory Transfers)
- We have made several optimizations. Invoices module now runs faster, especially with large amounts of data.
- Dashboard shows birthdays for the next 30 days only — not for the whole year ahead. The box has been renamed from “Today’s tasks” to “Upcoming events”
- Dashboard widgets now have a button for refreshing data.
- Sales and inventory reports open automatically when ready.
- If user has entered wrong username or password 5 times in a row, user’s account is locked for 15 minutes. If this has happened, manager now has a way to restore access from the Settings > Users module.
- It is now possible to get sales revenue reports either with gift card sales included, or without it, or with gift card sales only. By default, Erply shows a sales report with gift card sales excluded.
NB! All gift cards must be defined as products. Previously, it was possible to set up gift cards with serial numbers. Now, there is an extra check box on product card, for marking regular, unnumbered gift cards as well:
- A new period option “fiscal year” has been added. This can be used for filtering reports, and dashboard has a new widget “Net sales of fiscal year”. Fiscal year start date can be adjusted in Settings > Configuration; by default it is Jan 1.
- Previously it was possible to export sales reports as a CSV file. We have now added an option to retrieve it as an Excel spreadsheet. As before, there is a link titled “Excel” next to each sales report. Clicking on that link downloads the file. From Settings > Configuration you can set whether file format should be CSV or XLS.
With CSV files, there is always the risk of Excel corrupting the data when file is opened — amounts converted to dates or long numeric product codes shortened to “1.2345E+11”. This will not be a issue when exporting data in Excel spreadsheet.
- 2 options have been added to label printing:
- If product has several codes separated with commas, it is possible to specify that barcode should be generated from just the first code, not the whole comma-separated list.
- It is possible to specify how many labels from the beginning of the page should be left blank. It is useful in case you are printing labels on a sheet of adhesive labels, and some labels from the page have already been used.
- X & Z reports have some additional lines in the day openings and closings subsection, to make report verification easier:
- Settings → Configuration → POS: Check box “Remove numeric keypad and display more quick buttons”
- When sending invoices by e-mail in bulk, it is now possible to have them sent as PDF attachments.
- “Recipe” subsection on product card is no longer displayed unless the product is a bundle.
- The report Sales > “Master List” no longer displays inactive products.
- Physical stocktaking now has a Product Category filter.
- Stock amounts are now displayed on inventory transfer form.
- In case of a long product group tree, the last entry in the tree was difficult to edit, because Erply showed the drop-down menu beyond page border. We have added some empty space at the end of a tree to prevent that.
- It is now possible to print a delivery act from an inventory transfer. Delivery act is a document that displays sales prices instead of warehouse values.
- Previously, there was a setting in Settings > Configuration that added sales prices to warehouse transfer printout. If that setting is enabled, regular warehouse transfer printout displays both sales price and warehouse value — but delivery act always displays sales price only.
- It is possible to turn a quote directly into order (More… > Create order)
- On payment form, sum field is no longer a required field
- This makes it possible to enter zero-amount payments.
- Configuration → Sales document printouts: there are now more options for ordering rows on packing list printouts.
- If you switch warehouse while composing invoice, prices for the selected warehouse will automatically apply (if you have a price list defined for that warehouse)
- On an order that has arrived via Erply EDI, warehouse field is initially blank. After selecting a warehouse, warehouse-specific prices will apply.
- A setting has been added: upon crediting a billing invoice, should Erply allow to re-create a new invoice for the same billing period or not.
- Previously, Erply allowed to recreate an invoice. Starting with version 3.4 it is turned off by default; if you need it, it can be re-enabled. (Settings > Configuration > Invoices and sales > check box “After crediting a billing statement invoice you can make a new invoice for the same period”)
- When creating new product cards from a purchase invoice, supplier field on product cards will be automatically fileld in.
- If a purchase invoice has arrived in response for a PO but the invoice has not been confirmed yet, the PO will not be moved under “fulfilled purchase orders” yet. Only when you confirm the purchase invoice, PO’s status will be changed to “fulfilled”.
- Client manager filter has been added to Reports > Overdue invoices
- Separate access rights have been added for the “Overdue Invoices” report.
- It is now possible to set a company’s contact person as appliance owner.
- If you are turning an assignment into invoice and configuration setting “Allow to create invoices for contact persons” has been enabled, the invoice will also be made to the contact person. Otherwise, invoice will be made to the company.
Other settings, user rights
- Separate user right has been added for editing employee commission settings (User group is authorized to: change commission settings)
- A new checkbox under Configuration: “Show company name in title bar”. This can be useful for users who are simultaneously working with several Erply accounts and need to distinguish between browser tabs.
- In QuickBooks module it is possible to specify whether you want to use daily register counting or not.
- QuickBooks export is located at Reports > “Export to accounting”
- Setting name: “Report cash counted in POS and day over/short amounts”
- The setting is useful if you are only doing retail sales and register is counted every night. When you enable the setting, QuickBooks export file will report cash counted in register and day over/short amount, instead of just the total amount of payments for that day.
- Various improvements have been made in customer balance calculations, unpaid invoices report and elsewhere.
- For manually applying credits to unpaid invoices, we now recommend the following procedure. This procedure is needed when customer has both an unpaid invoice and an unrelated credit invoice and you want to apply the credit to reduce customer’s unpaid amount.
- Go to Payments and click New.
- Select customer (do not select an invoice), enter 0 for amount, “paid with credit invoice” as payment type and save.
- Select the credit invoice from drop-down list of invoices and save.
- From drop-down list, select the invoice you want to apply the credit to, and save again.
- As a result, two equal payments are created (one is an inverse of the other, so total amount of money in accounting will not change), and customer’s due amount will be cleared, so the invoice will no longer come up in reports as unpaid.
For US customers
- Addition in Tax report — both net sales and sales with tax are now displayed
- Terminology correction: cash drop → cash in, cash payout → cash out
- Product group-specific tax rates:
- It is possible to set a tax rate for a specific product group in a specific location.
- This setting only applies to products directly categorized into that group, not to any subgroups. For subgroups you need to configure tax rates as well.
- Tax rate settings are applied in Erply and in POS in the following order:
- If customer has tax exemption, sale will be tax free.
- If product card has a check box “tax free in all locations” (or for services, tax rate has been set to “tax free”), sale will be tax free.
- (Offline POS only) If the items are shipped via UPS, destination tax rate will apply. Using ZIP code, Offline POS queries a special service to retrieve correct tax rate.
- Product group-specific tax rate for given location is applied
- Register default tax rate is applied
- Product card tax rate is applied.
- Employee reports → Commission, timeclock
- Finance → Export to accounting
- Settings > Messages → Dashboard messages