Processing a Cash Sale
Step 1: Add items to the sale. You can use QuickServe view to locate common items which you have set up in this location, or use the product groups on the top row of the screen.
Step 2: Select the product that you wish to sell so that it is added into the cart. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have all the desired products displayed in the shopping cart.
Step 3: Click on the “Pay” button, located on the bottom right side of your POS screen.
Step 4: At this point, you have several options for collecting this cash payment. Click the “Pay” button to display these options.
- Click on the “cash 100%” icon or hit F2 on a keyboard if the customer is paying the total sales amount by exact cash.
- Hit the “enter cash” button or hit F4 if the customer is giving you a specific dollar amount in cash.
- Hit one or more of the preset $ values to indicate which denominations the customer has given you
- Example: If the sales amount is $10.50 and the customer hands you a $20 bill, you can simply select the “$20” button.
Step 5: Click on “confirm” once you have added a payment to the sale.
Step 6: At this point you will receive a confirmation notice with the receipt # and an option to print the receipt or send it to the customer via email. If change is due, it will be indicated here. If you are sending the receipt to an email, type the email address into the “email” field and then click “OK”.
Processing a Credit Card Sale – Non Integrated Cards
Step 1: Select the products that you wish to sell and add them to the cart.
- Click on the “credit card 100%” icon or F3 if the customer is paying the total sales amount on a single credit card.
- Hit the “enter credit card” button if the customer is giving you a specific dollar amount on their credit card; this is useful for sales that will be partially paid by card and cash, gift certificate, store credit, or split cards.
Step 5: Select the card type that was used to pay for this transaction. There is a field for an authorization code, which is the approval code that gets printed from the external device, but this is an OPTIONAL field.
Step 7: At this point you will receive a confirmation notice with the receipt # and an option to print the receipt or send it to the customer via email. If you are sending it to an email, type the email address into the “email” field and then click “OK”.