This section describes in greater detail the reports that contain information generated through the Berlin POS.
X-Report & Z-Report
X-Reports and Z-Reports show a summary of transactions. The difference between the two is that the X-Report can be generated from the POS, and shows the day’s activity for the register on which it is generated. The Z-Report can show activity across multiple days and/or multiple registers, depending on selection criteria.
The report can be sent to the printer by clicking the “Print” button at the top. Note that in this example, some fields have current information about the day’s transactions while other fields remain blank. These blank fields are populated when the register has gone through the close of day process. An X-Report will generate by default when the day is closed for a given register.
Note that leaving a field blank will disregard that criteria when generating the report. For example, if I generate the report as the settings are listed above, the report will show me all transactions from all registers in all locations between 10/1 and 10/31.
Clicking “Z-Report” at the bottom of the screen, under the “POS” header, will pop the report up on screen.
All Possible Changes To X and Z Reports
This article will enumerate all possible changes that can be made to the content and formatting of X and Z Reports in ERPLY.
- Under Settings/Configuration, in the POS column, is the following option: “Do not show cash drawer openings (cash-in transactions with a sum of 0) in the Z Report.” Putting a check in this box will omit “No Sales,” or drawer openings with a zero sum, from the X and Z Reports.
- Note that in regards to Time Zones, the time shown on the X-Report will be the time set on the individual register. The time shown on the Z-Report will be in the time zone set on the ERPLY account. If you have registers or locations set up in other time zones from the main ERPLY account, the time zones on your X and Z reports will differ.
- Under the gear icon, select “Configuration.” There are two options which can be selected to alter X-Report settings.
- “Get short X report” – Checking this box will omit the Invoices List from the X-Report.
- “Get X-Report only for last shift”- Checking this box will only automatically an X-Report on the last shift of the day.
Invoices and Payment Report
The invoices and payment report will show you all the receipts you have issued through the POS and all returns made. You can run the report for a selected period, customer, location, store group, sales associate and customer account manager.