To set up your Erply account to accept payments through Cayan, users must have a Cayan merchant account. The following credentials are provided by Cayan.
You will also need to install the Cayan Root Certificate from http://cayan.com/Site/Media/Cayan/Cayan.crt. Download the file, and click to install it. When prompted, browse to install into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder. The install process for the certificate varies for different operating systems and browsers. Cayan has a setup document that covers most, which can be found at this link. [https://cayan.com/developers/knowledge-base/faqs/how-do-i-install-cayans-genius-root-certificate]
Step 1: Device setup – Verifone MX915
- Connect the payment device to the same local network as the POS terminal.
- Connect the payment device power cable
- Press 0 three times on device keypad
- Enter password “9416557”
- Read and record the device IP address from device display
Step 2: Device update – Verifone MX915
Device update may take place automatically, but it’s recommended you do it manually on first install.
- Press 0 three times on payment device keypad
- Enter password “9416557”
- Press button “Update”
Step 3: Set up back office
In this step you will set which of the registers are going to use Cayan (Merchant Warehouse) as the payment provider. Repeat the steps for each register .
- Open ERPLY back office.
- Go to Retail Chain > Registers
- Select register to associate with the Cayan device
- Change “Card payment terminal / card swiper” value to “Merchant Warehouse”
- Press Save
Step 4: Setup Berlin POS
In this step you will set the account each register will be connected to as well as the IP address of the payment device. Repeat steps for each register.
- Open Berlin POS in a secure window (https://app.erply.com/live). You must log in as a user who is set up as an administrator in User Groups.
- Go to: Settings > Payment configuration
- On the Payments configuration page, under General, click “Setup Payment Gateways.” This will pull up the Merchant Warehouse setup form.
- Fill in the fields:
- Store (The Location your register is associated with)
- MerchantName (see Prerequisites)
- MerchantSiteId (see Prerequisites)
- MerchantKey (see Prerequisites)
- DeviceIP (see Device setup) – use port 8443 (ex. 192.168.11.118:8443)
- Press Save
If device does not respond
- check POS terminal firewall settings and makes sure connections to payment device IP and port are allowed
- check device IP (see Device setup) and make changes from POS settings (see Setup Berlin POS)
- Ensure the User Group Settings have “API” checked.
Credit card transactions
|CC return (return with receipt)||yes|
|CC partial return (return with receipt)||yes|
|CC credit (return without receipt)||no|
|CC manual entry||no|
|CC signature capture||yes|
|CC voice auth||no|
Debit card transactions
Setting Up a Static IP Address
From the Genius idle screen, reboot the device to access the OS Menu.
1. Make sure you have your IP address, subnet mask, Gateway and DNS1 from your
network administrator for the Genius device to connect to your router/switch.
2. On the keypad, hold down 1, 5 and 9 buttons together for two seconds, and then release.
3. Use the keypad to insert the password 166832 and press Enter.
4. On the tabs at the top of the screen, touch Administration and then Communication.
5. From the tabs at the top of the Communications screen, touch Network and then Ethernet.
6. From the Ethernet screen, touch the edit symbol next to Mode.
7. Select staticIP and touch OK.
8. Touch the Pencil symbol next to IP Address and use the keypad to enter the IP address
assigned to the Genius CED and then touch OK.*
9. Configure your subnet mask, Gateway and DNS settings.
10. Touch Apply.
Returning to the Genius idle screen:
On the Menu path at the top of the screen, touch Home. Next, touch Run App
At this point, the unit will have saved configuration and needs to be brought back to the Genius Application.
- Select the ‘Home’ option in the breadcrumbs to go to the main screen
- Hit the ‘Run App’ button’
- The device should take a minute then return to the Genius idle screen.
These steps were taken from the Cayan Setup Guide.