By default, each register you add is set to use an external (stand-alone) card terminal. This means that the payment amount for a sale needs to be manually entered into the external device. Sales associates must manually enter the resulting transaction details into ERPLY POS. For a streamlined workflow and lower risk of mistakes due to manual data entry, we recommend you use one of our integrated payment options. With integrated payments, the amount due is automatically displayed on the device. Transaction information is communicated back to ERPLY and is automatically recorded. Read more on integrated payments.
EMV integrations in US
Other integrated payment options
Below are the general instructions to ready your system for an integrated payment system. Each payment provider and device will have a slightly different process to finalize its setup. Please contact ERPLY support for exact instructions on how to choose and configure integrated payments for US, AU and Europe.
Step 1: Setup back office
In this step you will set up which of the registers will use which integrated payment options. Repeat these steps for each register.
- Open ERPLY back office
- Go to: Retail chain > Registers
- Select register
- Change the “Card payment terminal / card swiper” field from “Standalone” to reflect the type of device you will be using.
- Press Save.
Step 2: Setup Berlin POS
In this step you will set the account each register will be connected to as well as the IP address of the payment device when required. Repeat steps for each register.
- Open Berlin POS and log in with a user that has administrator access in their user group.
- Depending on the integration, go to either: Settings > EDI or Settings > Payment configuration
- Set up provider specific configuration options.