- On Microsoft Windows, TriPOS payment processing application requires that Windows .NET 4.5 Framework is installed on the target machine. Download http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
- Merchant must have a Vantiv merchant account. The following credentials are provided by Vantiv:
- Acceptor ID
- Account ID
- Account Token
- EDI (External Device Integrations) is installed and running
Step 1: Install Verifone USB drivers
- Connect the payment device to the POS computer
- Contact Erply Customer Support to obtain the Verifone USB drivers.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
Step 2: Install TriPOS service
- Contact Erply Customer Support to obtain the Vantiv TriPOS service installer.
- Run installation “TriPOS Setup.exe”
- In the configuration information screen enter following information
- Company Name – company name that will be displayed on the device screen
- Acceptor ID – see Prerequisites
- Account ID – see Prerequisites
- Account Token – see Prerequisites
- After the installation completes write down developerKey and developerSecret provided by installation application. There are two sets of keys shows. You will need just one set.
The TriPOS service has no visual UI. It runs as service on the POS computer and starts during Windows log-in.
IMPORTANT: After installation, the TriPOS service will take 15 minutes to update the Verifone device. This process provides no visual feedback onscreen, but it is vitally important not to disconnect your Verifone device for 15 minutes. Disconnecting the device or rebooting your PC during this process will render it permanently inoperable.
Step 3: Setup back office
In this step you will set which of the registers are going to use the Vantiv TriPOS as the payment provider. Repeat the steps for each register.
- Open ERPLY back office.
- Go to: Retail chain > Registers
- Select register
- Change “Card payment terminal / card swiper” value to “Elements TriPOS” (note that Vantiv was previously known as Element Payment Services
- Press Save button
Step 4: Setup Berlin POS
In this step you will set the parameters so POS can communicate with the Vantiv TriPOS service. Repeat the steps for each register.
- Go to: Settings > Payment configuration (you must have admin user rights)
- You should see the Vantiv setup form
- Fill the fields:
- DeveloperKey (see Install TriPOS service)
- DeveloperSecret (see Install TriPOS service)
- LaneID (set to 1, since this is the default after TriPOS installation)
- DeviceIP (default is localhost:8080; if you chose some other port in step 1, then make sure it’s set there accordingly)
TriPOS configuration file
All the configuration parameters you entered are stored in the TriPOS configuration file. If you need to change the parameters later, then this can only be done through editing the configuration file in Notepad or similar text editor. The file can be found at it’s default location: C:/Program Files/Vantiv/triPOS Service/TriPOS.config. On updating triPOS version, sometimes new triPOS is installed into different location/directory. (“C:\Program Files\Vativ” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Vantiv”). Be sure, what is the current working directory, when reading or editing configuration file.
If payment request does not activate payment process in device:
- Check Windows services list to make sure TriPosService is running
- Check that TriPOS service is reachable on the address and port set in POS. For this open the address in browser. In case you used the default parameters, then enter localhost:8080 into the browser address bar.
- If the address is not reachable, then double check the settings in POS. Double check the Vantiv TriPOS configuration file. Restart the TriPOS service.
- You can also attempt to use an alternative port. Make the change in POS and in TriPOS configuration file. Example: localhost:6565
- Check that configuration parameters in POS are correct (see Setup Berlin POS)
- Check that configuration parameters in TriPOS configuration file are correct.
- During the TriPOS installation, installer is asking acceptorId, accountId and accountToken. These parameter values are provided by Vantiv. Now, if you do not insert correct values during the triPOS installation, you must edit TriPOS configuration file later and add correct acceptorId, accountId and accountToken.
- Double check to make sure the lane ID is correct. Open TriPOS configuration file. Find section “lane”. Unless you have a good reason, then the default value of 1 should be used.
- Re-install device drivers and TriPOS service
- As final step contact ERPLY support and make sure you have the credentials and TriPOS configuration ready to be checked by our team member.
Credit card transactions
|CC return (return with receipt)||yes|
|CC partial return (return with receipt)||yes|
|CC credit (return without receipt)||yes|
|CC manual entry||yes|
|CC signature capture||no|
|CC voice auth||no|
Debit card transactions