Opening and Closing your days are done through the POS. You can always edit numbers and dates through the backend later.
[ To edit opening and closing numbers — Settings > Editing Day open/close ]
– When you initially log in to your register, you will be automatically asked to open for the day and to input the starting cash amount.
– Once the day is over, you can close the day by clicking the function button on the bottom right corner.
– Click ‘Close the Day’ from the Functions pop-up menu.
– Input all your closing cash amount.
– To input totals for your other tender types you click the Tenders button.
– After inputting all amounts you click Done, and then End the Day. Your X-report for the day will automatically generate, and you can print it. You will automatically be logged out after.
To see this tutorial for the WindowsPOS: http://support.erply.com/?p=253