With ERPLY, losing your internet connection doesn’t mean you have to lose out on sales. Our offline mode allows you to continue your daily routine while you reestablish connectivity.
To enable offline mode, navigate to Settings -> Configuration in the POS interface and select “Allow Offline Mode” under “Local Database Support.”
Once enabled, offline mode will autostart whenever internet is lost.
ERPLY will notify you in the POS when connectivity is lost by changing to color of the cloud and connection strength icons to red.
Offline mode cannot be reached if you’ve lost your internet connection. You must have the setting enabled before loss of internet.
With offline mode enabled on your POS, you can continue with basic sales functions including:
- Making cash sales
- Applying discounts by percentage or sum
- Processing returns by item
- Creating receipts
- Attributing sales to other cashiers without logging in/out
IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to switch users. You will be unable to log back on. To account for sales under a different user, before finalizing the transaction, a prompt box will appear with a list of employees. Select the employee to continue.
Below is a list of actions that can only be completed once connectivity is reestablished.
- Open POS. You can only continue to offline mode if the connection is lost while POS is already open.
- Log out and back in
- Switch users, even if previously logged on
- Use promotions
- Use coupons
- Returns by receipt
- End the day
- Open Z Report
- Create customers
- Open list of customers, which means
- No special discounts
- No rewards points gained by purchases
- No customer information
- No price lists